[dropcap]What[/dropcap] is the EB-5 Program, what are the benefits, and how can foreign nationals obtain these EB-5 green card benefits for their families? The EB-5 Program was created by Congress in 1990 as a way to stimulate the U.S. economy through capital investment and job creation. In exchange for investing $1 million, or more often $500,000, into a qualified new commercial enterprise and creating 10 jobs for U.S. workers, foreign nationals and their immediate family members can obtain U.S. green cards (lawful permanent residency status).
Here’s a straight forward list of the 10 most attractive EB-5 green card benefits:
- Under just one EB-5 application, an EB-5 investor, their spouse and their unmarried children under the age of 21 years are all eligible to receive green cards and benefit from the perks below.
- You can travel to and from the U.S. without a visa. It makes international travel easier.
- Foreign national homeowners may be able to save on taxes by applying for homestead.
- There are no employment restrictions so EB-5 green card holders can work in any field. Their jobs do not have to be in the same state as their EB-5 investment.
- No day to day management of their EB-5 investment, if investing in the Regional Center Program, may free up time so that you can pursue your own business interests.
- You may qualify for in-state college tuition saving you thousands of dollars compared to the tuition costs foreign students must pay. The U.S. has some of the most prestigious schools and universities in the world. A
- If the political or economic situation in your country worries you at any point, you, your spouse, and your unmarried children under the age of 21 years can escape to the U.S. with this green card.
- You may qualify for social security and Medicare.
- After 5 years, you may be eligible for U.S. citizenship.
- If you do not wish to apply for citizenship you can replace your green card every 10 years without going through a review process.
Want to get started? If the benefits of the EB-5 Program has caught your interest, check out the steps to starting the EB-5 process, here, or fill out a quick free EB-5 investor evaluation below.
[formidable id="11" title="1"]