USCIS has released EB-5 petition statistics for the first quarter of fiscal year 2018.
The EB-5 petition statistics reveals the progress USCIS’s Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO) is making as well is where trends are heading.
The I-526 Immigrant Petition for Alien Entrepreneur data (2008-2018):
The I-829 Petition by Entrepreneurs to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence Status (2008-2018):
- The number of petitions filed this quarter dramatically increased for both the I-526 and the I-829.
- Although the number of petitions processed this quarter declined slightly after a strong previous quarter, the trend is still pointing toward improved processing times.
- The number of petitions pending has declined. While this is great, it only puts a small dent in the I-829 petition backlog which is still at 6,673 and the I-526 petition backlog which is still at 24,627.
- The number of I-526 petitions still pending means that there is potentially $12.5 billion worth of EB-5 capital untapped.
- The data shows that petition filings still surge around EB-5 Program sunset dates.
For more information about the EB-5 Program, send us a message.
[formidable id="11" title="1"]