What EB-5 project strengths should you look for? As the popularity of the EB-5 Program increases year after year, more and more individuals are rushing to make their business project an "EB-5 project."
With so many options now on the market, what are the major EB-5 project strengths to look for?
These are 15 major EB-5 project strengths to look for:
• Affiliation with a regional center;
• The EB-5 project and regional center team's reputation
• History of experience with in the specific project industry
• The regional center needs a strong business plan (that meets Matter of Ho requirements) and a strong marketing plan
• Familiarity with the EB-5 Program requirements
• Transparency and project team's willingness to keep the investor up-dated consistently
• A project that already has investors (try not to be the first or last investor on a project)
• USCIS EB-5 Program compliance
• USCIS approval (project pre-approval with the regional center's I-924 is better) and regional center designation
• Thorough job (direct & indirect) creation methodology
• Job creation buffer to ensure job creation estimates will be met
• Market return rates on investments
• Targeted Employment Area (TEA) project location
• Project location must possess strong economy (such as major cities like New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, or Seattle)
• Strong exit strategy for each investor (and one that is not dependent on other investors)
For more EB-5 due diligence questions, consult an experienced and knowledgeable EB-5 immigration attorney.