International Students Take Advantage Of EB-5 Program

More international students, mainly from China, are applying for the EB-5 program over the F-1 visa program.

International students take advantage of the EB-5 Program, which doesn't require any form of sponsorship from the host company. Under the EB-5 program, a parent can sponsor a child.

An F-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for international students wishing to study in the United States. Once school is completed, anyone wishing to extend their stay or live in the U.S. must obtain a temporary or immigrant visa. One of the requirements of the F-1 is that after school is completed the international student must intend on returning to his or her home country.

The EB-5 Program was formed in 1990, by Congress, to boost the U.S. economy through foreign investments. The Program gives high-net worth foreign individuals the opportunity to obtain a green card by investing in a U.S. enterprise. In order to be approved for a green card, EB-5 applicants must invest in an enterprise that creates at least 10 full time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.

Once they've met this requirement and received lawful permanent residency, they, their spouse, and unmarried children under the age of 21 receive the same benefits as any U.S. citizen.

Using immigration attorneys, and other EB-5 professionals, and utilizing the Regional Center Program, the EB-5 investor does not have to be involved in the day to day running of the investment.

While the investor can choose from any number of EB-5 projects available, there must be risk involved in the project. There can be no guarantees of a return on their investments. A significant number of EB-5 investors prioritize gaining a green card over a high return on the investment.

Many parents often help their children file for the EB-5 visa by gifting them the minimum capital required. This allows the children to live and go to school in the United States. They receive the benefit of in-state tuition. They also don't have to leave their friends, family, and environment once they've finished school.

Sometimes the mothers' of the children will apply in order to receive a green card for themselves and their children.

Under the EB-5 Program international students can find employment anywhere in the United States. If they invest in the Regional Center Program they are not required to live and work in the same state as the investment.

For more information about getting a green card through investment click here.

For more information about the professional resources recommended for EB-5 applicants click here.