Investing in the EB-5 Program gives foreign investors the opportunity to obtain an unconditional green card in return for placing $500,000 capital into a qualified EB-5 project.
If all the conditions of the EB-5 Program are met, such investment amount and job creation, then foreign investor's Form I-829 will be approved by USCIS and they will receive a green card.
There are many benefits to having a green card from the EB-5 Program.
- An investor's spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 will be sponsored under their green card, meaning they will also be able to obtain residency in the U.S and receive all the same benefits.
- The green card is unconditional. It is permanent residency. It doesn't need to be renewed.
- The investor and his or her family can travel in and out of the U.S. without restrictions.
- The investor is not restricted to working at a particular U.S. company. They don't need an employer to sponsor them.
- The investor can start a company in the U.S.
- While the investor is investing in the EB-5 Program and only has a conditional-green card, they can still live and work anywhere in the U.S. They are not restricted to living near their investment.
- The investor's children can attend U.S. schools and obtain financial aid. The U.S. has many prestigious schools and universities that have international recognition.
- The investor's children can work in the U.S. while attending U.S. universities as well as after finishing university.
- The investor may be entitled to many government benefits such as health care and education.