[dropcap]What[/dropcap] is it about the EB-5 visa that makes it still so highly coveted? There are other visa categories, but none truly compare. According to the National Visa Center, they received 25% more visa petitions in 2017/2018 than in 2016/2017. Demand for the EB-5 visa continues to grow in countries other than Mainland China, such as Vietnam, South Korea, India, and Taiwan. Due to the popularity of the EB-5 visa Mainland China has had a retrogression for a few years now, Vietnam is seeing a retrogression this year, and South Korea, India and Taiwan may see a retrogression beginning in 2019.
What is it about the EB-5 visa that is attracting investors and their families from countries all over the world, even if they have to wait a little bit longer to receive their visa?
- World-class schools for EB-5 investor’s children, at potentially reduced costs for in-state residents
- The opportunity to escape their home country’s political turmoil at any time
- Living and working anywhere in the U.S. and gaining the American Dream (some U.S. states have no income tax)
- Easier ability to travel between certain countries
- Access to more business investment opportunities
- No reliance on employer sponsors for visas
- The ability to obtain green cards for their spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 years
- Potential eligibility for U.S. citizenship for themselves, their spouse and children after 5 years
- The EB-5 visa does not have any age, language, work experience, skills or education requirements
- Program flexibility allows investors to actively manage their EB-5 projects or take on a passive policy making role depending on their preference
- Funds for the EB-5 Program can come from a variety of sources including gifts, loans, sale of property, business income and more
- While other visa programs are developing a stigma for taking jobs away from U.S. workers, the EB-5 Program creates jobs for U.S. workers and boosts the economy
For more information, send us a message.
[formidable id="11" title="1"]