Why do you need a medical malpractice attorney?
If you've suffered injuries as a result of medical malpractice, it can affect your personal life, your career, and your financial well-being. You may want a medical malpractice attorney to fight for you.
How can a medical malpractice attorney help you when you've been injured?
- Offering free consultations
- Determining if the patient or client has a case
- Bringing a lawsuit
- Establish liability by finding evidence to prove that the healthcare provider's actions fell short of the appropriate standard of medical care
- Taking testimony
- Linking the healthcare provider's breach of care to the patient's suffering and harm
- Negotiating damages
What are some examples of professional medical malpractice claims?
- Wrong treatment from misdiagnosis
- Delay in treatment
- Not obtaining consent
- Easily avoided pain or suffering
- Infections from surgery
- Wrong medication or errors
- Poor supervision
- Fraudulent or lack of credentials
Who may be liable?
- Insurance agents
- Other healthcare providers
Elements of a medical malpractice case:
- There was a doctor-patient relationship
- There was a failure or breach of duty of care (breach of an appropriate standard of medical care)
- This breach or negligence caused the patient harm
- This harm is quantifiable
For more information about the necessity of a medical malpractice attorney, send us a message.